Brunswick's steamed poisoning near 300 BC barbecue church


Bacteria in Brunswick injection poisoned nearly 300 people at a North Carolina barbecue shop, health officers said in a Friday statement.

The C. perfringens – "is a common cause for food poisoning and" commonly occurring "disease when food is prepared in large quantities and keeps warm for a long time before doing it, "according Cabarrus Health Federation recited.

That's what happened in November 1 at a BBQ in Kannapolis, St Peter's Church, which said the statement.

Health officers also tested barbecue, salting and barbecue soup served at the event, but Brunswick's stew cultures revealed that the bacteria of illness were present, according to the statement.

In the statement of 5 November, the Cabarrus Health Alliance stated that "it received" more than 200 emails reporting for 468 people. Of those, 62% said they were ill and 38% said there were no marks they have. "The percentage of reported illnesses includes 290 people.

On November 7, their "food specimens and feathers" sent to the Official Sites for Disease Control and Change and Disease Change N.C, according to a website; alliance.

Remove the remaining places in your toy or ice cream from the barbecue event "due to the risk of cross-contamination," said the Cabarrus Health Alliance statement.

"People who have the disease with C. perfringens cause diarrhea and cramps from poor within 6 to 24 hours (usually 8 to 12 hours)," said Cabarrus Health Federation. "The illness usually starts suddenly and lasts for less than 24 hours."


ecoli-cdc (2)

Escherichia coli bacteria is found in the environment, food and disease of humans and animals.

Centers for Disease Control and Change

Stories related to Charlotte Observer

Joe Marusak: 704-358-5067; @ jmarusak

Source link