This comes from Mark Connolly from CBC radio, his interview with Oilers Group Group, Chief of Bob Nicholson, where MacNeacail is responsible for the team.
"There is no question. My responsibility is to be appointed by the general manager (Peter Chiarelli) and the general manager of his coach (Todd McLellan). Take that responsibility. I am the person who left Peter Chiarelli. When we left Peter Chiarelli and when we added Todd McLellan we thought we were getting a senior manager and a main coach. He did not work out in this situation. We'll go back. This time we will I'm going to interview many people. "
MacNeacail said there was not an early process of employing Chiarelli, who had been working with the 2014 Olympics. He said he had never been searching for a comprehensive research for a new GM when it comes to It's going to & # 39; hiring GMs, including Glen Sather's employment, Oilers. "With the Oilearan, you're going back to Glen Sather as a whole, and how many people does this group interview to name a General Manager? Through investigation, one person They saw … Indeed, it's a mistake, because I'm sitting today. "
MacNeacail said he has done a "deep" process, and speaks to many general leaders and people around the NHL around the different types of GM and what kind of best people for the Edmonton Oilers and their & # 39; this unique market.
"In the next weeks, I'll be looking for permission from general managers to find out what is best suited to this group."
It looks at two different modules at the moment. "I think we need to turn every rock to make sure we get all that information."
How far is Connor McDavid getting tired of this Edmonton situation, asked Connolly?
"Connor McDavid is a good player on the ice. Connor McDavid is a good leader and is not getting better every day. We hope he has his knowledge it's got from ice as big as ice makes it better for it. We need to make sure that it's good, it is. It's not incredible how good & This is in this situation. And it is our duty to give players so that he can be successful in this town. "
Is your work on the line?
"You'd have to talk to Daryl Katz on that … I'm sure I have a good relationship with Darryl. My job is to focus on getting his manager general, get their main coach, and this team back. "
- A great interview with Connolly, who placed hard pressing for answers to hard questions.
- "Getting a main coach." Did that say that Hitchcock is not sure to come back? I mean, it is not expected to be back because it has been made clear by itself and everything else that it has just been recorded for its & # 39; This year, he also has telephones about not giving love to this situation. But that was like to tell me.
- The Nicolson process for arresting Chiarelli was arrested. As I argued before, if he had interviewed a number of candidates at that time, he would get valuable information about his team and where the league was on his head. He could still be employed by Chiarelli, but Nicolson himself had been armed with much more information to evaluate the movements made by Chiarelli. And, perhaps, were heard by four or five candidates who did not enter a heavy hockey of the promise; Better, MacNeacail would not be employed on Chiarelli or that it would be bigger for moving, such as taking a seven-year period to Milan Lucic or his / her; trading for Griffin Reinhart. These matters are MacNeacail as well as Chiarelli.
- Does the Nicolson have the right CEO for the OEG? I can not speak to a business headquarters, but it has failed to do so in hockey work. Do people ever learn from their mistakes and do better in the future? There is. As a supporter for the team, and recognizing that Nicholson is a " going on anywhere, where I left, hopefully learn and be better.
- Nicholson has taken responsibility for drawing up this whole research and it is clear that he is in a position; going to do that now. That sounds good from the Director of OEG. It is not going to break. He will hear all kinds of information. And then he'll talk to someone Connor McDavid and he'll hiring where the agent says … I'm sorry! … only. Sort of.
- It is a new world in pro sports, where the players have a lot of power and are much more willing to use. McDavid affects me as a kind of school, however, a bucket, grin-and-bear-it type of individual. This is to believe. It's quick and a winner, someone who catches a big problem, is the idea of success. It is obvious that it is fired with its best to & # 39; Confirms that everyone else in the wrong world and the Oilers management is successful. So, the Oilers group found that they had a great star with this sort of thinking. Nevertheless, the GM team needs to be right with the right philosophy of hockey and managers, which will promote the right coach with the right rationale for hockey and managers. It will not be easy. My own choice is the team that moves away from the "heavy hockey" idea, and its # 39; provides skill.
- What could that mean? It may mean that slow or skilled soldiers will not be able to go to; play on, but to tackle a skilled young man like Cooper Marody, Kailer Yamamoto, Tyler Benson and Jesse Puljujarvi a & # 39; allowing him to work regularly on the top three lines next year. Edmonton must have at least two of these four players going up and running; made up. With the right coach, Ralph Krueger's coach or Todd Nelson who is familiar with how to build up inspirational confidence, I can see that. Protected, it will feature Caleb Jones on the Oilers next year and probably Ethan Bear too. All players, along the way, have enough AHL time to be ready for a NHL duty. The time is being given, and to allow Edmonton to play faster, more aggressive, more skilled.