The idea of La Jolla's "Come From Away" music came from a day of serious sadness, but the creation of the show did not start for ten years after the terrible 11/11 events.
Now, the work has been traveling from La Jolla to Broadway and back to California (on a tour), and is now being held all over the world. Here's a step-by-step look at how all this happened. (Numbers respond to locations on the map above).
Also remember that you see our main piece on the show tour here, and # 39; including interviewing some of the people who have happened.
1. September 11, 2001: After the terrorist attacks on the US and the "stop-stop" at all air traffic, with 38 jetliners with thousands of people moved to the village of Gander, Newfoundland. The last planes last five days later.
2. September 2011: Irene Sankoff and David Hein, a pair of Canadian writing writers, will attend a 10-year re-conference of the "plane people" in Gander, and his. start interviewing.
3. April 2012: An early version of Sankoff and Hein "Come From Away" to get a & # 39; His first development at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario, through the Canadian Music Theater Project.
4. January 2013: "Come From Away" will receive a further workshop at the Goodspeed Festival of new Music Music in East Haddam, Conn.
October 2013: The exhibition is selected for the annual National Theater for Theater Theater festival in New York City, and will receive a 45-minute show. Then, Junkyard Dog Productions is choosing the work, which is also the case. creating Broadway playing "Memphis" La Jolla Playhouse.
5. November 2014: The highlight of "Come From Away" is named as part of the 2015-16 season La Jolla Playhouse, director of the Arthouse director Christopher Ashley (leading "Memphis") at the helm. The show is co-produced by Seattle Repertory Theater.
11 June 2015: "Come From Away" official opening at Playhouse Theater & Sheila and Hughes Potiker.
6. November 2015: "Come From Away" is the continuous running of Seattle Rep.
7. September 2016: The music moves to Ford & Historic Theater in Washington, D.C.
October 2016: "Come From Away" is presented in two concert events in the town of Gander, for around 5,000 residents. The shows will showcase their photos. home to their feet, and they will take the house down.
November 2016: The show will be opened at the Royal Alexandra Theater in Toronto, its final production by Broadway.
February 4, 2017: The card will return to San Diego in detail for a La Jolla Playhouse gala concert show.
March 12, 2017: "Come From Away" officially opened on Broadway (where it is still running).
June 11, 2017: The show – is named for seven Tony Awards – winning a man for Ashley as the best music director.
October 2017: The Broadway product of "Come From Away" includes its $ 12 million deposit.
February 2018: "Come From Away" will return to Toronto to represent a "sit down" long.
October 2018: The first national tour of Scotland is to opens at 5th Avenue Avenue in Seattle.
8. November 2018: "Come From Away" returns to Southern California for a & # 39; first time from Playhouse's first show, which opened a week trip trip at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles. (The tour will also stop in San Francisco in January and Costa Mesa in February, but San Diego's connection is not recorded.)
9. December 2018: "Come From Away" is trying to run in Dublin, Ireland before going to West End London.
10. 2019: It is expected that exhibitions will be opened in London and in Melbourne, Australia.