When the little one is Alonso "Monito" Vidal He won the prize for his best workshops in the & # 39; town Copihue de Oro, sent a message to children who were suffering from diseases.
"I want to tell all the people, the children who suffer diseases, we have no boundaries and that we can do everything we want to do," said a player's son, Arturo Vidal football.
And that is Alonso's suffering type of diabetes, who has been a matter of concern for his parents.
But what is this disease? and what signals are there? According to Bupa Clinic, Diabetes Mellitus is a Type 1 type in the most commonly used diabetes disease; grow through childhood, which will affect 90% of children with this chronic disease. The latter is marked by creating hyperglycemia (more blood sugar), the deficiency result of insulin in the body.
According to the group, when you recognize a child with diabetes, the role of parents or those under the care is essential to maintain the quality of life, and development and performance of youth activities, as the main recommendation will control the illness
There are 4 types of diabetes that are more often in a younger age, saying the clinic. "Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus reaches 90% of cases confirmed, while Monogenic Diabetes or MODY have a 5% impact of patients from the new era -thatha. Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 (DM2) in diabetes is so frequent, as well as the specific type of diabetes (caused by syndromes, drugs, endocrinopathies, etc.), which will affect only 5% of patients ", point out.
Soledad Villanueva, a youth endocrinologist at the Santiago Bupa Clinic, states that "diabetes's illness in children is considered to be a condition of life, unless it should be treated well, to prevent them from doing anything, such as high-quality sports, athletics, decoration, among other corporate activities ".
In this way, they show that it is important to know that this continuous disease may occur from 6 months to life, need to manage and & # 39; managing insulin management instructions. In terms of the things that promote the development of this type of diabetes in children, the endocrinologist is a appear "Genetic content and environmental factors are stimulating, at present there is no way to prevent it. It is estimated by the IDF that 542,000 patients were under aged 15 with DM1, by 2015, with an annual increase of 3% ".
Given that it is a continuing disease, there is a basic control and remedy, as it can harm detox and failure in different groups, in particular the eyes, the alkans, the strange system, the hearts and bloods of blood, in long-term children.
"On global figures of diabetes in the world, in 2015 it was estimated that 415 million people, children and adults were diagnosed with this disease and 640 million people are deemed to drink- strong, "said Villanueva.
Marks and problems
Among the most common symptoms of diabetes occur, the endocrinologist is a identify the following:
* Frank hyperglycemia, made with blood glucose levels (sugar of blood) over 200 mg / dl (usually between 70-130 mg / dl).
* Polyuria, that is to say, full-blooded. They go to the restaurant well.
* Polydipsia, complicated, must be used to drink injuries and lose weight in the & # 39; short term.
* Polyphagia, anxious feeling of hunger.
* Vision uncertain
* Increasingly more and more likely to develop diseases.
Amongst the effects or problems that may cause disordered diabetes, the best loss (retinopathy), kidney failure (nephropathy), and the risk of a & # 39; Growing wild (Neuropathy), as well as amputations of the burns, point from the clinic.
At cardiac level, the endocrinologist is a warning: "Patients with diabetes patients have a higher degree of atherosclerotic, peripheral arterial disease, and cardiovascular cerebrovascular disease. Adverse effects and changes in lipoprotein metabolism are often found -mach in this type of patient ".
Ideas and good practices for child healthcare
On the life practices that parents should have in children with diabetes, the endocrinologist is proposing to follow these recommendations:
* Sport in eutrophic children: Children with normal weight (normal weight) recommended to achieve physical activity for 1 hour, 3 times per week. In obese children, the level of physical activity should be increased to 1 hour per day, every day, as recommended by an American American Pediatric Academy.
* Nutrition grant: It is like a baby in development, with a total contribution of 50% to 55% of charbohydrates, of the total daily calories. Parents and children need to know knowledge and handle the consumption of carbohydrates to administer the dose of insulin.
* Insulin guidance: The endocrinologist shows that the education that parents have on insulin management is essential, especially in days of disorders. It is important that parents learn to change the insulin dose when children play sports, recommends "who in the care of a diabetic illness child should know the concepts of hyperglycemia and hypoglycaemia, their effects and the types of insulin that should be given ".