Sunday , September 22 2019
Home / newzealand / The UN argues that the Ebola in Congo is not yet a deeply urgent problem but a major problem | 1st Class A NEW

The UN argues that the Ebola in Congo is not yet a deeply urgent problem but a major problem | 1st Class A NEW



The continuing Ebola service in Congo is not yet proof that it is a deeply urgent case but is a "real concern" said the World Health Organization.

After a meeting of their committee of experts, the health body UN asked for efforts to be made to stop the dead virus, noting that the spike has recently taken place. increasing the risk of spreading Ebola cases to other countries.

The phase, published on 1 August, has become the second deadliest in history, behind a West African man from 2014-16 who killed more than 11,300 people. Congo's presbytery of health on Thursday Thursday 1,206 was a matter of proven and suspicion, including 764 deaths.

This is the second time that the artistic committee has decided that this issue is not yet a global crisis.

Committee chairman Robert Steffen unanimously announced the decision and said the experts were afraid that the verdict could endanger efforts to respond.

He gave no information but said that "experts are hopeful" that the situation could be in "expected time."

Before WHO announced, a senior Red Cross official said he was "more concerned than ever" about the regional distribution of Ebola.

Emanuele Capobianco, head of health and care at the Red Cross International Alliance and Red Crescent Associations, gave Congolese health ministry data showing 40 new cases over a two-day period this week. He reluctantly increased that level in this case.

In order to be identified as a public health emergency of an international concern, the situation must be "bad, uncommon or unexpected", to threaten to destroy other countries and to take "action between you". immediately. "

Emergency proofs always support global attention and grant funding. WHO has said it is just short of the $ 148 million (NZ $ 218 million) which says it needs to fight Ebola for the next six months. To date, the group has only received $ 74 million (NZ $ 109 million).

This event, which is happening close to the borders of Uganda, Rwanda and South Sudan, has not been like the rest. There was a lack of trust in a sector that had not previously been involved in the Ebola disruption, and that groups of uncertainty made it difficult to cause famine efforts.

Rebecca Katz, a global health security expert at Georgetown University, was in a statement that the WHO decision was very difficult, saying that the UN group and its experts "were taking too little detail". of the international problem. She shouted how hard it was to co-ordinate the answer "considerably."

Before they conveyed the message, Trish Newport, a representative of Doctors Without Borders in Goma, a large city at a crossroads near the event, said that a crisis crisis could not stop the disease.

"Bigger is not going to be better," she said and asked for a new approach, saying after nine months of the same strategy "the disease is certainly not in control."

Doctors without Borders call for patients at conventional health centers to be cured as distinct from Ebola special clinics: "It is very clear that people do not like or trust the Ebola centers and do not come to see them. be handled. ”

Newport said 75% of new Ebola cases have no clear link to previous patients, meaning that officers have lost where the virus is distributed.

Dr Michael Ryan, who is head of the emergency register, discusses that assessment, claiming that officers can deal with most of Ebola's problems with a patient. other after a rigorous process.

Previous world commitments have been announced for the Ebola 2014 event in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea, the Zika virus in America and the international effort to eradicate polio have been unveiled.

WHO was criticized for not mentioning that 2014 Ebola was in an international crisis until almost 1,000 people had died and the disease had spilled across borders.

Tariq Riebl, who is based in the Ebola tea area of ​​Butembo, for the International Lifeguard Committee, said that stopping the issue that officers aren't aware is a serious obstacle. number of Ebola cases.

"We find out about people when it is too long," he said, that many cases were buried in private and that authorities had never been told. “The average number of cases we now see now is no more than six months or more at least. "


Source link