ULLEVAAL (Dagbladet): Dag-Eilev Fagermo and Ronny Share are among Norway's best trainers in developing players. Now they are finalizing the arrangements for the first time in Eliteserien.
But what do they think about the development of Martin Ødegaard (20), who will be the biggest football player in Norway? In the season he is loaned from Real Madrid to Vitesse in the Netherlands. The club is in a fifth place in the honors category, and there is a goal of Ødegging five goals.
– It looks really good, Fagermo says.
– It was good for him to travel to Holland and play there. Our great talents must play at a level they need to get involved. If you don't play, the development will stop. But it may eventually need where it is now. He must give anothereg.
– You don't think the Dutch league is good enough?
– I think the next step is better than in Holland. You should go very far back before Rosenborg pulled out Ajax (in the play to the Europa League in 2017). The highest levels in Holland are better than Norway. But many of the other teams are better. Rosenborg would be enough in the honorable section. He has to go to a more demanding team, Fagermo thinks.
Ødegaard and Vitesse meet with ADO Den Haag on Saturday. He has set a national team week – with matches against Spain and Sweden – where he appears to have played his first delivery. Ødegaard had certain protective weaknesses. But offensive, often Norway's greatest power was. Energetic care left here, and something wrong there, he was smart to look at.
– I feel it's doing all the time, says Ronny's coach Vålerenga.
– Martin has just passed 20 years. We're not close to seeing the best of it. He must believe in himself and think about the process.
To Dagbladet, Ødegaard says he aims to finish the season in Holland. He then joined Madrid and has a meeting with Real Madrid. He will listen to what the club has to say. And it is going to raise his own thoughts.
With Zinédine Zidane as the new coach in the club, the deck will be thrown back to the weather. Zidane knows what he is about to stand and may have given some thoughts about his future.
– Don't imagine you should be there away, Share said.
– No, it doesn't work. You have to start somewhere then you have to put a stone on the stone. It is surprising that it has been taken more quickly in other places. The most important thing is to get to know. And the experience he has gained so far is amazing to be 20 years old.
Share was a coach in Strømsgodset when Ødegaard arrived and made the first visit in Tippeligaen. Then it was 15 years and 117 days. That same summer, Share to Celtic. He doesn't hide that he tried to get to Ødegaard to Scotland. But finally his election fell on Real Madrid.
– We spoke to Manchester City about being told, Share.
– The plan was that he would come to City and be taken to Celtic. If it was sold more, it should be a scheme of percentage sharing. Around Christmas time in 2014 I was in contact with Martin and Martin. But he had other options too. And I understand that it's hard to say to Real Madrid.
The Dutch league ends on May 12th.
"If he goes as I hope and believe, he will play for one of the major leagues in Europe," Share.
<img class = "the lazyload" itemprop = "” alt=”He was told to make changes” data-srcset=”//1.dbstatic.no/70101040.jpg?imageId=70101040&x=0&y=10.2231002331&cropw=100&croph=75.058275058275&width=403&height=202&compression=80 640w, //1.dbstatic.no/70101040.jpg?imageId=70101040&x=0&y=10.2231002331&cropw=100&croph=75.058275058275&width=643&height=322&compression=80 1024w, //1.dbstatic.no/70101040.jpg?imageId=70101040&x=0&y=10.2231002331&cropw=100&croph=75.647668393782&width=580&height=294&compression=70 320w” src=”http://www.dagbladet.no/”/>
As Dagbladet Sport on Facebook