With I-Pace electricity, Jaguar now has one of the best cars in Australia. This model itself has increased their sales in the home and secured a number of new buyers for the brand.
The jaguar is among the early ones with an electric car. When I-Pace came into the market last year, this was the first model that posed tough challenge to Tesla.
The Jaguar Ralf Speth chief executive has just been to Oslo for a short time. We met him for an interview, where he spoke very much about I-Pace and the Jaguar electrical campaign.
The whole car industry is currently in the technology transfer. For a fairly small player like Jaguar that's hard times.
It is not just about cars
But even if you think it is in Norway: For Jaguar Land Rover, it's not I-Pace a books model. Cars with petrol engines and diesel make up a much larger part of their sales.
Now the owner of the name Dr. sitting on the other side of the table. We at Ullapool have 20 minutes with the final minute: t
– Do we now see the end of the diesel engine?
– No, I hope that, and I don't think that's bigger. After all, we need to live longer with diesel engines. Here we must remember that this is not just about travelers. We also have freight and transport transport over long distances.
Everything that can't be done electronically at present. We need more solutions to work alongside, says Speth.
Mercedes: Not applicable for cutting out the diesel engine
You must have the right technology
– Does it also mean that the Jaguar Land Rover doesn't develop its latest diesel engine?
– I don't think we have that. This is about a new series of engines and further development of existing ones. They need to be developed annually. Today's diesel engines are now very competitive. Around 20-30 is released
less than petrol engines, the NOx emissions are virtually the same. You have to have the right technology, we are here in the Jaguar Land Rover. There are also many interesting things: Large cars can make more efficient and environmentally less efficient conditions.
The biggest car capacity on the campus will be for many technological assistance. High price is also meant that you can protect more expensive technology. speth speth.
The year after he has been hard for his company. Sales have fallen in a number of places, including those in the UK and China's important market. They now need to reduce the number of workers and cut staff. Late Jaguar bet
on diesel engines, last year they have noticed that the reduction in diesel car sales is very good. At the same time they have spent significant amounts in the development of I-Pace and the technology of that car.
A table based in Norway – but you have to kick several thousand workers
Speth also claims to be vulnerable to political change. Brexit is a very poor leader. The commercial war between the USA and China is also not good. All of this creates uncertainty and makes it difficult to find out
which side should you go to?
In Norway, a lot of electricity is switched on now. But in many other markets this is a very different picture. At Broom, we have met a number of senior figures in the motor car industry, who are open to the view that sales of the electric cars were not known.
Take the years to come – or at least whether electric cars are still remote, as they do today.
We have also found out about Jaguar's uncertainty. They hope I-Pace can be the starting point for something big, but they're not sure that it's like that.
An extinguisher is within 70%
In this case, one sanction will be necessary. And that is what Jaguar Land Rover does, even if it means big and heavy investments.
– You have a lot of benefits in Norway, you have renewable energy and have a visual policy on electric cars. However, if we look at future projections for electricity sales of cars, they do not exceed 15 to 35 per cent (of total sales, please note).
in 2025. To change that number: This means that about 70% of the new cars still want an internal combustion engine, Speth says.
Of course, this reinforces its importance to further develop the technology and reduce the consumption and emissions of fossil cars.
Diesel sales were increased in Europe's largest car market
It is not black or white
– This is also about geographical differences?
– Obviously. There are many countries and regions where lower purchasing power means you can only buy the new technology. Many more are the non-renewable energy available. If the electric cars are powered by energy from coal, t
then they are not completely free of charge, Speth says.
– There is much to be said with political guidance. Brussels has been head of the project. China is fast-approaching now, in many ways, they go further. But then you have big and numerous countries like India and Indonesia, these can only change these
– In fact this picture is not just black or white. It is impossible to think "Why they are so foolish they do this or not". Many things play, Speth says.
Donald Trump is ready: the car will be charged for an electric vehicle
– To know where we came from
– How do you think it's like a Jaguar Land Rover in March 2019?
– First, it's amazing. It is a remarkable company with strong brands. We have won a number of high quality awards. We know where we came from. We started as a small English company. Now we are global.
– At the same time, it is clear that we have many challenges, both within and outwith Scotland. We have met significant geopolitical changes and have met with them earlier than others. Why? Because we're small – and when a change in bulk, t
We realize it is early. Many ways are a graph of the international economy. This means everything is not easy. But I'm very proud to be leading a company with lots of creative people and so many good cars coming to an end.
READ THIS: This is how we went to the mountains with Jaguar I-Pace
Watch the video: This is how the Jaguar ends in the Guinness Book of Records