A spacecraft cost around a billion dollars on the course to Mars on Mars on Tuesday, It can last fast and heat to enter the heat; Red Planet flavor, a process called "six-one-half" moments of terror. "
"There is not enough room for things to go wrong," said Rob Grover, head of the induction team, assaulted and arriving at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.
If it is successful, the In Institution – entry, entry and implementation will be designed to be the first objective of listening to another planet and appearing as rocky planets – Another success to the NASA record when it comes to & # 39; spacecraft to Mars.
So far, the United States is the only nation that made it, and not only NASA's informal informal non-formal rover is still making a device around the surface.
But if it's wrong, it's definitely not the first one.
Out of a further 43 international efforts that included voters, surveyors, climbers or moving to Mars, 25 were not made. Whenever they grow into the surface, they lost their design route, or they were left after it was launched.
Counting down to Mars
Mars Insight does not have a live stream on Monday, and signs will be pulled back to Earth for a delay of eighteen minutes.
Mission leaders can not get involved if anything happens. All of the allotment series is previously recorded for the airplane computer on board.
Here are what you expect:
– At 11:40 p.m. The Monadh na Sìthe (0640 m.m. Tue, the spacecraft carries a platform from Mars to Mars. In a minute later, the space space will be installed. turning to an indoor entrance.
– By 1947 GMT the spacecraft is injured through space at a distance of 12,300 per hour (19,800km per hour) when it starts to arrive at Mars atmosfé.
– Two minutes later, the atmosphere with a wing of heat will increase to a height of 2,700 Fahrenheit (1,500 Celsius). This great heat could cause temporary radio signal.
– At 1951 GMT, the parachutes are used. Five seconds later, the heat shield separates the spacecraft. Ten seconds, three upper legs will be used to be ready for a touchdown.
– At 1952 GMT, a radar works to understand the pace to the ground.
– At 1953 GMT, it is expected to & # 39; first radar signal, and after 20 the second time with a split of marine spell from the back shell and paraiseat. Then, the engines start, called retrorockets, fire. The InSight speed is fastened quickly, from 17 miles to five miles (27 kph to eight kph) for declining.
– Touchdown is expected at 1954 GMT.
– The first "beep" from space-band radio-X radio is – a & # 39; shows that InSight is a living from the land – recorded for 2001 GMT.
– It is intended to launch the first image from Mars on GMT GMT. However, this image may not come to Tuesday.
– An orbital pattern is a Mars space spacecraft, a flying boom, which means NASA does not know 0135 GMT on Tuesday if the InSight sunshine is used or not. This step is essential because the earthquake expert is driven by a & # 39; Sun for his mission one year.